Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Take two

Ok, so I had this great post all set up and written about the new title apparently there have been complaints, so I changed it. I also had an amazing diatribe about how ridiculously often the government makes me change my password, and all the crazy rules involved. I didn't go into any details because I didn't want the guys in the black helicopters to come and take me away. But before I could post it, it got deleted. So I won't repeat it all here.


So instead of that I'll talk about Halloween. Harmony, my sister-in-law, apparently doesn't care much for Halloween. After today I think that JoLynn is in the same boat. She went to a lot of work on Corbin's costume (it came out wonderful, check out the picture). But by the end of the day she wasn't sure it was worth all of the effort. I felt bad that I didn't have time to put it more effort. Some day when time and money aren't such an issue I'd like to decorate the yard with gravestones and all sorts of spooky stuff. I'd also like to put together a really great costume. But not this year.


This year we took the boys down to the ward "Trunk-or-Treat". Now I have to say these are nice for the little kids. They get a good haul without having to walk all over the neighborhood. But thats exactly what's wrong with them. Part of the fun of Haloween was taking over the neighborhood streets for an evening. The reward was in direct relation to how far you were willing to walk. The Trunk-or-treat was a madhouse of candy distribution that was over in 30 minutes. 90% of the kids didn't even say "Trick of Treat!" I guess I'm just a traditionalist. A pillowcase of candy should be hardwon with sore feet.





1 comment:

Harmony said...

Even if it wasn't worth it, Corbin's costume looks great! May the force be with you!