Tuesday, February 2, 2010

really cool thing #998 - Exploding Eggs


So I had batch of hard to peel eggs (I know, what is this the egg blog?). And I found some helpful tips to make the eggs easier to peel. First use old eggs. Apparently the older the egg is the more developed the air pocket within it becomes. This helps make the egg nice and easy to open once it is cooked.

I also found out that warming the egg slightly in the microwave loosens the shell and make it easier to open. So I tried it out. Guess what? 20 seconds (in my microwave at work) works like a charm. The egg is easier to open, however not perfect. So I decided to try 22 seconds. Guess what? Can you say "Ovian Ordinance?" or "Egg Shelling?" or "it's your turn to clean the microwave Nate!"

2 comments:

Jo said...

HaHa! It still makes me laugh! Too funny!

Dad P said...

Why don't yuou try just cooking the egg w/shell in the microwave and skip a step?